Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Agenor's Friends (Koi Pond)


My first really successful large scale painting was this one. It measures approximately 93 by 81 inches and was painted in acrylic paint. For reasons I cannot quite explain, there are subtle differences between oil and acrylic paint that -- despite how wonderful and flexible acrylic paint is -- make me want to revisit this image in oil. If I put that in plain English: I want to make essentially a copy of my own painting, except that I would paint it the second time using oil paint.

Oil paintings, however, do not store as easily as acrylic paintings do -- are not as comfortable about being rolled up (though probably no painting enjoys this). So, I must find a home for the painting before I make the oil version. Somewhere, someone who owns a computer, someone who can read this blog, really needs to own an oil version of this picture. That person needs to find this blog and my (as yet virtual) picture needs to find that very spacious living room.